A Guide to Day Hikes from Sacramento, California into the Foothills and the Sierra Nevada
Hiking is great exercise, a fun family experience, and a way to explore new places. With the hikes in this book, you visit places when wildflowers are at their peak, waterfalls at their fullest, and crowds at a minimum.
Hikes are arranged by month so no matter when you visit Sacramento, you will find something of interest to you and suitable to your physical ability. The trails in this book take you to places with great views, historical points of interest, fishing or swimming holes, and much more.
· 48 hikes all easily accomplished in a day trip
· all dog-friendly places
· many places for people with limited physical capabilities
· interpretive trails to educate
· places of historical interest
· most hikes without any fees
· progressive difficulty, starting with January the easiest, and finishing with more difficult hikes in October, November, and December
· less ambitious options
· before and after the hike suggestions
Enjoy these hikes and along the way find new places to picnic, swim, fish, and simply enjoy nature. Find new places to take your family and experience other activities, such as watching kayakers, mountain bikers, equestrians, and off-road vehicles. Find new favorite places you will want to return to each year.
48 DOG-FRIENDLY TRAILS
in California’s Foothills and the Sierra Nevada